You need a will
No matter your age, it’s very important you and your loved ones have a will in place. This ensures that all your possessions, finances and estate are secured. We know how hard people work for their legacies, so our team at K Boswell & Co want to help ensure all your hard work goes to the people you want it to!
Our solicitors proudly have all the experience and knowledge in wills and probate to deliver a service that is right for you. So, contact us today to get your will in place.
Have things changed?
We know circumstances can change over time, so it’s important that you keep you will up to date. So, if you currently have a will that you would like to amend, our team of professionals here at K Boswell & Co can help you do just that.
Our will and probate solicitors can ensure that your family and beneficiaries receive the best outcome in the unfortunate event of your death. This is of the utmost importance as your will doesn’t just protect your possessions and wealth, it also the welfare of your children and who their legal guardian may be.
We have a variety of wills you can set up, whether you are wanting to set up a single or joint will with a loved one.
Probate, how long does it take?
On average, probate cases are dealt with within 3 – 6 months.
Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2 – 4 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 2 – 4 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2 – 4 weeks.
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
How much will it cost?
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you.
This example quote is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 2 – 5 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. (If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs)
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Disbursements Included in this Fee:
- Probate application fee £215.00
- Swearing of the oath (per executor) £7.00
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2.00 per beneficiary)
- Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors. £84.60
- Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims. £100.00 (est)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential Additional Costs
If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £1.00 (1 per asset usually).
Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
Wills From £84
Simple will for an individual £84 (including VAT at current rate). Simple will for a couple £114 (including VAT at current rate).
Probate From £600
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets We anticipate this will take between 4 and 8 hours work at £150 per hour. Total costs estimated at £600.00 to £1,200.00 (+ VAT at current rate).